Actor Studio (Grades 3-5)
This class will introduce students to some of the fundamental skills and tools required for developing the acting process while also helping to build the students’ self-awareness and confidence. Students will work on character development as they explore making big choices and taking risks! Register for Fall and Spring now to secure your spot and save on Spring 2022 tuition!
Teacher: Morgan Haney
Class Days & Times: Thursdays 4:30-5:25 p.m.
Actor Studio (Grades 6-9)
This class introduces the fundamental skills in the craft of acting. Students will build awareness of themselves, their voices, and their non-verbal communication as they learn the actor’s tools. Students will work on character development in various styles of theatre as they explore risk-taking and the power of bold choices! This is a terrific class for a young person who is curious about what it means to be an actor.
Class Days & Times: Wednesdays 4:30-5:25 p.m.
Advanced Actor Studio (Grades 6-12)
This acting class builds on the fundamentals of acting. Students will gain self-awareness and confidence as they become better actors, better listeners, and better communicators. This class is great for any young performer wanting to really strengthen their acting or communication skills.
Class Days & Times: Mondays 4:30 – 5:25 p.m. or Wednesdays 5:30 – 6:25 p.m.
Broadway Studio - Elephant and Piggie (Pre-K)
Pre-K students will love this fun and friendly class focusing on creativity with their voice and body! Students will sing along with simple songs and explore character development and emotions through the adventures of everyone’s favorite friends: Elephant and Piggie. Each week they will play fun theatre games, develop important motor skills through dance and movement, learn stage directions and basic theatre terms, and learn to express themselves creatively. Family and friends are invited to attend the final day of class when students will share what they have learned and created.
Teacher: Delaney Wenger
Class Days & Times: Mondays, Tuesdays 3:30-4:25 p.m. OR Saturdays 10:00-10:45 a.m.
Broadway Studio - How I Became a Pirate (Grades K-1)
Join us for this introductory musical theatre class for young pirate performers! Students will sing songs, create scenes, and learn simple dance steps inspired by the story and characters of How I Became a Pirate. Family and friends are invited to attend the final day of class when students will share what they have learned and created.
Teacher: Lindsay Hayward or Delaney Wenger
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays, Wednesdays 4:30-5:25 p.m. OR Saturdays 11:00-11:55 a.m.
Broadway Studio - James and the Giant Peach (Grades 2-3)
Students will explore Roald Dahl’s classic story through acting, singing, and dancing. Along the way, they will be focusing especially on listening, teamwork, imagination, and other creative skills. Family and friends are invited to attend the final day of class when students will share what they have learned and created.
Teacher: Lindsay Hayward or Rachel Poole
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 4:30 – 5:25 p.m., Thursdays 5:30- 6:25 p.m. OR Saturdays 10:00-10:55 a.m.
Broadway Studio - SpongeBob SquarePants (Grades 4-5)
Students will work on songs, scenes and choreography based on SpongeBob SquarePants while improving their singing, dancing, and acting abilities. This class will give special focus to skills like teamwork, creative thinking, and listening. Family and friends are invited to attend the final day of class when students will share what they have learned and created.
Teacher: Lindsay Hayward or Rachel Poole
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 5:30-6:25 p.m.; OR Saturdays 11:00-11:55 a.m.
Improv (Grades 6+)
“Yes! And…?” This improv class will encourage students to think on their feet and express themselves with confidence in a variety of settings. Through various exercises and both team and individual work, students will solve problems in the moment, be bold and decisive, and say “Yes! And…?” to new ideas and situations.
Teacher: Morgan Haney
Class Days & Times: Thursdays 6:30-7:25 p.m.
Broadway Studio Sr. (Grades 6-12)
Work with a musical theatre professional to strengthen your dance and vocal technique, emotional range and character portrayal. Students will work on solo and ensemble repertoire from popular Broadway musicals. We encourage students in this class to also enroll in Broadway Dance 1 offered Tuesdays from 5:30 – 6:25 p.m. OR Thursdays from 6:30-7:25 p.m. This class will continue to build and improve each performer’s dance skills, helpful while taking Broadway Studio Sr.
Teacher: Morgan Haney
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 6:30-7:25 p.m. OR Thursdays 5:30-6:25 p.m.
Musical Theatre Production for All Abilities
This is a yearlong, performance-based class for older students with special care needs. Students will rehearse a musical production which they will perform on the Casa stage as part of the end of year Casa Manana Studios’ TheatreFest, May 14, 2022. Students with a passion for creative arts will benefit from an environment created especially so they can learn, grow, and explore their talents. THIS IS A HYBRID (ONLINE/IN-PERSON) CLASS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Teacher: Tina Farquhar and Jessica Colaw
Class Days & Times: Thursdays, 4:30-5:55 p.m.
Cost: $825 ($425 pro-rated if registering for only Spring)
Musical Theatre Dance (Grades 3-6)
This class is perfect for beginning performers looking to build confidence in their dance skills! Students will strengthen their technique, broaden their skill set, and improve their conditioning through an exploration of various dance styles (jazz, hip-hop, etc.) and time periods (1920s, 1950s Golden Age, contemporary, etc.).
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 4:30-5:25pm
Broadway Dance 1 (Beginner)
Students will develop fundamental dance skills, build their dance vocabulary, and improve their conditioning in this beginning musical theatre dance class. Sessions will draw on various musical theatre styles (jazz, ballet, contemporary) to provide students a firm foundation in the diverse world of musical theatre movement.
Teacher: Annie Cahill
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 5:30-6:25 p.m. OR Thursdays 6:30-7:25 p.m.
Broadway Dance 2 (Intermediate)
Students will continue to improve their technical skills and conditioning in this intermediate musical theater dance class. This class is a must for students wanting to take a deeper dive into musical theatre and truly gain proficiency. Faster-paced and more rigorous than Broadway Dance 1, instructor approval is required.
Teacher: Annie Cahill
Class Days & Times: Tuesdays 6:30 – 7:25 p.m.
Broadway Dance 3 (Advanced)
If you are wanting the best dance training, this intensive class – taught by former Radio City Music Hall Rockette and Broadway dancer Merrill West – is for you. Rigorous training in advanced musical theatre styles prepares students for college auditions, professional work, or serves as a “brush-up” for professionals and skilled amateurs alike. Instructor approval is required.
Teacher: Merrill West
Class Days/ Times: Saturdays 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Triple Threat (Grades 6-12)
The Apprentice Program is Casa Mañana’s direct commitment to training and supporting the performing artists of tomorrow. Triple Threat, an auditioned musical theatre training program, connects students in grades 6-12 with professional teaching artists, master class opportunities with directors and performing artists, and various performance opportunities throughout the year.
The Apprentice Production is an annual, auditioned, fully produced musical, cast exclusively with actors 14-19 and supported by Casa’s entire production staff. Previous Apprentice Productions include Sweeney Todd, Big Fish, Carrie, and Bonnie & Clyde.
Triple Threat is Casa Mañana’s most advanced musical theatre training for middle and high school students dedicated to and passionate about musical theatre. Triple Threat has two levels and is a 2-semester (Fall-Spring) class. A final showcase of work will be presented during TheatreFest on May 14, 2022.
Triple Threat Level 1
TripleThreat: Every week, students receive 2 hours of specialized, personalized training from professional teacher-artists. Classes will be held on Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:30 pm. A final showcase of work will be presented on May 14, 2022, as part of TheatreFest. Triple Threat students have the option and are encouraged to register for a Broadway Dance class as well as an Advanced Acting class, for discounted tuition.
Teacher: James McQuillen
Triple Threat Level 2
Triple Threat: Every week, students will receive 3 hours of specialized and personalized training in acting, voice, and dance. Classes will be held on Mondays 6:00 – 9:00 pm. A final showcase of work will be presented during TheatreFest, May 14, 2022. Triple Threat students have the option and are encouraged to register for a Broadway Dance class as well as an Advanced Acting class, for discounted tuition.
Teacher: Penny Ayn Maas, James McQuillen, Merrill West
Semester: February 7 – May 7
First Week of Classes: February 7-12
NO CLASSES: March 7-12, March 14-19, April 11-16
Final Week of Classes: May 2-7
TheatreFest: May 14
Please review our policies and procedures document here.
- Prices listed on Active.com Registration Portal include a $25 registration fee ($50 for camps), in addition to the cost listed on the website, unless otherwise noted. Multi-person and multi-session discounts (10%) are automatically applied to your order when you check out. Multi-person and multi-session discounts cannot be applied to future registrations.
Please be sure to keep your payment information updated if anything changes, such as a new credit card or billing address, by logging into your online account or contacting the Education Office. Email reminders will be sent out prior to each payment date, but it is the family’s responsibility to keep current on their billing information.
We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, Check, or Cash. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks.
Class Payment Options
- Pay in full at the time of registration.
- Pay a 15% deposit on the total order and enroll in automatic billing. The balance will be debited in one lump sum, automatically, on the 20th of the first month of class.
- Pay a 15% deposit on the course and enroll in an automatic billing payment plan. If you select a payment plan, you will pay your remaining balance in 3 equal payments over 3 months (semester classes) or 6 equal payments over the next 7 months (yearlong classes). Fall semester payments should be made on the day of registration and again on September 20, October 20 and November 20.
- Yearlong payments should be made on the day of registration and again September 20, October 20, November 20, December 20, February 20, March 20 and April 20. Please note that if you register in the same month in which a class begins, you will then be making two payments for the first month. For example, if you register on September 1st, your next payment will be due on September 20.
- To secure enrollment for both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 at the time of Fall registration, a registration fee will be paid for both semesters, locking in a discounted rate for Spring classes. Payments for the Fall semester tuition will be made as listed above. Spring semester tuition payments will start in February 2022.
Class Cancellations and Refunds
- Class registrations canceled two weeks or more before the start date will be issued a full refund, less a $25 administrative fee.
- Class registrations canceled less than two weeks from the start date and before the second day of class will only receive a refund (minus a $25 administrative fee) if the spot can be filled by a student on the waitlist.
- Absolutely no refunds after the second day of class. First-time families (families who have never before registered for CMS classes or camps) are eligible to receive a refund, minus the cancellation fee, up until the second week of classes.
- If you enroll in a payment plan and choose to cancel, your remaining balance is still due according to your payment plan and the refund policy.
- A full refund will be issued for classes canceled due to low enrollment.
- Registering for both Fall and Spring semesters during Fall registration includes the non-refundable registration fee of $25 per semester ($50 total). Cancellations that occur at any time during the year will be handled in compliance with the semester-long class cancellation policy above.
- No refunds will be given for classes that have to switch to online meetings for any reason.
By registering for a class, you agree to all of the above policies and procedures.
Class Expectations and Safety Guidelines
- The student will treat the instructors and other students with respect at all times.
- The student will not use any cell phones, iPods, CD players, electronic games, or any other electronic distractions during class.
- Students will have access to a phone in special circumstances and emergencies.
- The student will participate in a positive manner during class.
- The student will refrain from using inappropriate language and gestures during class.
- The student will not eat or chew gum during class.
- The student will be responsible for any and all personal items that they bring with them to class. Items must be stowed in a book bag or purse.
- The only drink that you may carry with you to class is water. It must be in a bottle or a cup with a lid. No open containers are allowed in the classroom.
- Hair must be pulled back and off of the student’s face; a ponytail or half-up ‘do is fine, a bun is not required.
- Dance shoes – jazz or ballet – are appropriate.
- No loose-fitting clothing or jeans. Attire should be semi-fitted or fitted.
- No jewelry.
- Students should be comfortable “dressed to move.”
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- No Jewelry.
BROADWAY AND MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE CLASSES:
- Students need to have form-fitting clothes that are comfortable to move in, while not prohibiting them from stretching or dancing. ABSOLUTELY NO JEANS OR SKIRTS.
- Hair must be pulled back away from your face.
- No jewelry.
- Jazz shoes are required for every class. There are no specific requirements as far as brands of Tap or Jazz shoes.
- SAFETY GUIDELINES:
Please review safety guidelines here.