Registration for Spring 2020 Now Open
Casa Mañana Studios offers students the highest level of performing arts education. Our process-oriented training program is designed to foster successful young artists, actors and people.
- Acting, Dance, and Musical Theatre Classes for ages 3-18
- Apprentice Program
- Musical Theatre Classes for students of all ages with special needs and abilities
- Specialized Master Classes and Workshops
Spring 2020 Classes
Spring semester dates: February 10 – May 9, 2019
Acting for the Camera (Grades 3-6)
This acting class introduces students to on-camera acting. Students will act in their own commercials and scenes from television or film scripts, which they will be able to watch and critique in class. They will also get a chance to operate professional quality cameras and sound equipment.
Pre-requisite requirements: Camp Casa, a year of Studio classes or comparable experience.
Actor STUDIO (Grades 6-9)
This acting class will introduce students to some of the fundamental skills and tools required for developing the acting process. Students will build self-awareness and learn the actor’s vocabulary as they work towards demonstrating the ability to be an honest actor. This class is great for any young performer looking to strengthen their acting skills.
Advanced Actor Studio Grades 6-12
Designed for the experienced performer ready to take their skills to the next level, this acting class will introduce students to advanced character building techniques and methods. Instructor approval is required.
Broadway Studio: Charlotte’s Web (Pre-K)
Pre-K students will love this fun and friendly class that focuses on exploring music with both voice and body! Students will learn to sing along with simple songs and explore character development through the story of Charlotte’s Web. Each week they will play fun theatre games, develop important motor skills through dance and movement, learn stage directions and basic theatre terms and learn to express themselves creatively. On the last day of class, family and friends are invited to attend a final sharing of what has been learned and created.
Broadway Studio: The Lion King (Grades K-1)
Join us in the grasslands for this beginning musical theatre class for young performers! Broadway Studio is a great sampler of everything Casa Mañana Studios has to offer. Over the course of a semester, students will sing songs, act out scenes and learn simple dance steps and combinations to material from The Lion King. On the last day of class, family and friends are invited to attend a final sharing of what has been learned and created.
Broadway Studio: Junie B. Jones (Grades 2-3)
Students will work on songs, scenes and choreography from the musical Junie B. Jones while working to improve their singing, acting and dancing abilities. At the end of the semester, parents and friends are invited to a short in-class performance of what has been created and learned.
Broadway Studio: Newsies (Grades 4-5)
Join us for this special musical theatre class. Students will work on songs, scenes and choreography from the hit Broadway musical Newsies: The Musical while working to improve their singing, dancing and acting abilities. At the end of the semester, parents and friends are invited to a short, in-class performance of what has been created and learned.
Live on Stage! Shrek KIDS (Grades 2-5)
Live on Stage! is an exciting and challenging year-long class that focuses on preparing students for a final performance at the end of the year on the Casa Mañana main stage with costumes, lights and sound. This year, we will produce Shrek KIDS!
Students audition for parts and rehearse the show throughout the year to be performed at TheatreFest, May 17, 2020. Pre-requisite: Broadway Studio, Camp Casa or similar experience.
We encourage students in this class to also enroll in Musical Theatre Dance offered Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30pm. Musical Theatre Dance will continue to build and improve their dance skills and abilities and will be helpful while taking Live on Stage!
This is a year-long class. Registration will re-open for Fall 2020.
Live on Stage! Sr.: Best of Broadway! (Grades 6-12)
Work with a musical theatre professional to strengthen your dance and vocal technique, emotional range and character portrayal. Students will work on solo and ensemble repertoire from popular Broadway musicals.
Students who participate in Fall and Spring semesters will perform as a part of TheatreFest, May 17, 2020, on the Casa Mañana stage.
We encourage students in this class to also enroll in Broadway Dance 1 offered Tuesdays from 7:05-8:05 p.m. This class will continue to build and improve each performer’s dance skills and abilities and will be helpful while taking Live on Stage! Sr.
Musical Theatre Dance (Grades 3-6)
This class is perfect for elementary performers looking to build and improve their dance skills! Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary and conditioning in this beginner musical theatre/jazz style class.
Class Days/ Times: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30pm
Age: Grades 3-6
Broadway Dance 1 (Beg/Int)
Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary and conditioning in this beginning level musical theatre/jazz style class.
Class Days/ Times: Tuesdays, 6:45-7:45pm
Age: Grades 4+
Broadway Dance 2 (Int/Adv)
Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary and conditioning in this intermediate musical theater/jazz style class. Instructor approval is required.
Teacher: Hannah Argüelles
Class Days/ Times: Mondays, 4:30-5:30pm
Age: Grades 6+
Broadway Dance 3 (Adv)
For students with previous dance training. Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary and conditioning in this advanced musical theatre/jazz style class. Instructor approval is required.
Teacher: Merrill West
Class Days/ Times: Saturdays, 9:30-11:00am
Age: Grades 7+
Triple Threat (Grades 6-12) – Audition Only
Triple Threat is our most advanced musical theatre class for middle and high school students dedicated to and passionate about acting, singing and dancing. Triple Threat has three distinct companies determined by age and experience levels, which work together and separately throughout the year. Every week, students will receive 3 hours of training including an hour each of specialized acting, vocal and dance training. A final showcase of work is presented during TheatreFest, May 17, 2020. Triple Threat students have the option and are encouraged to register for a Broadway Dance class, for discounted tuition. Admission is by audition only.
This is a year-long class, registration will re-open for Fall 2020.
Teacher: B.J. Cleveland, Sarah Gay and Jeremy Dumont
Class Days/ Times: Mondays, 5:35-8:35pm
Age: Grades 6-12
Broadway Studio: Special Needs and Abilities
This class, which focuses on the “triple threat” skills of acting, singing and dancing, is open to students with special needs who have an interest in the creative arts. Those enrolled will have the opportunity to benefit from an environment created for them in which they can learn, grow and explore their talents.
Teacher: Diane Powell
Class Days/ Times: Thursdays, 4:30-5:30pm
Age: Grades K-6
Musical Theatre Production for Students with Special Needs
This is a yearlong, performance-based class for older students with special care needs. Students will rehearse a musical production which they will perform on the Casa Mañana main stage as part of the end-of-year TheatreFest, May 17, 2020. Students who have an interest in the creative arts will have the opportunity to benefit from an environment created for them in which they can learn, grow and explore their talents. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This is a year-long class, registration will re-open for Fall 2020.
Teacher: Tina Farquhar & Laura Quintanar
Class Days/ Times: Thursdays, 4:30-6:00pm
Age: 13 and up
Click here for master classes.
CMS Fall 2019
Semester: February 10 – May 9, 2020
First week of classes: February 10-15, 2020
NO CLASSES: March 9-14, 2020
NO CLASSES: April 6-11, 2020
Final week of classes: May 4-9, 2020
The schedule applies to Triple Threat, Live on Stage! and Musical Theatre for Special Needs.
TheatreFest Rehearsals: May 13-16, 2020
TheatreFest Performance: May 17, 2020
Prices listed on Active.com Registration Portal include a $25 registration fee ($50 for camps), in addition to the cost listed on the website, unless otherwise noted.
Multi-person and multi-session discounts (10%) are automatically applied to your order when you check out. Multi-person and multi-session discounts cannot be applied to future registrations.
Please be sure to keep your payment information updated if anything changes, such as a new credit card or billing address, by logging into your online account or contacting the Education Office. Email reminders will be sent out prior to each payment date, but it is the family’s responsibility to keep current on their billing information.
We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, Check, or Cash. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks.
Class Payment Options
• Pay in full at the time of registration.
• Pay a 15% deposit on the total order and enroll in automatic billing. The balance will be debited in one lump sum, automatically, on the 15th of the first month of class.
• Pay a 15% deposit on the course and enroll in an automatic billing payment plan. If you select the payment plan, you will pay your remaining balance in 3 equal payments over 3 months (semester classes) or 7 equal payments over the next 7 months (yearlong classes). Fall semester payments should be made on the day of registration and again on September 12, October 10, and November 14.
• Spring Semester payments should be made on the day of registration and again on February 15, March 15, and April 15. Yearlong payments should be made on the day of registration and again September 20, October 20, November 20, December 20, February 20, March 20, and April 20. Please note that if you register in the same month in which a class begins, you will then be making two payments for the first month. (For example, if you register on September 1st, your next payment will be due on September 15.)
Class Cancellation and Refund Policy
• Class registrations canceled two weeks or more before the start date will be issued a full refund, less a $25 administrative fee.
• Class registrations canceled less than two weeks from the start date and before the second day of class will only receive a refund (minus a $25 administrative fee) if the spot can be filled by a student on the waitlist.
• Absolutely no refunds after the second day of class. First-time families (families who have never before registered for CMS classes or camps) are eligible to receive a refund, minus the cancellation fee, up until the second week of classes.
• If you enroll in a payment plan and choose to cancel, your remaining balance is still due according to your payment plan and the refund policy.
• A full refund will be issued for classes canceled due to low enrollment.
By registering for a class, you agree to all of the above policies and procedures.
Summer Camp Cancellation and Refund Policy
The $50 registration fee is non-refundable. You may cancel your registration up until 5 PM on Monday, June 1, 2018. You will receive a refund of monies paid, less the $50 registration fee. If you cancel your registration AFTER June 1, 2020, no refunds will be offered unless we are able to register someone from the wait-list to fill your spot. If you choose the deposit option and cancel after June 1, 2020, the remaining balance will still be due unless we are able to register someone from the wait-list to fill your spot.
By registering for a summer camp, you agree to all of the above policies and procedures.
1. The student will treat the instructors and other students with respect at all times.
2. The student will not use any cell phones, iPods, CD players, electronic games, or any other electronic distractions during class. Students will have access to a phone in special circumstances and emergencies.
3. The student will participate in a positive manner during class.
4. The student will refrain from using inappropriate language and gestures during class.
5. The student will not eat or chew gum during class.
6. The student will be responsible for any and all personal items that they bring with them to class. Items must be stowed in a book bag or purse.
7. The only drink that you may carry with you to class is water. It must be in a bottle or a cup with a lid. No open containers are allowed in the classrooms.
Class Dress Policies:
1. Hair must be pulled back and off of the student’s face; a ponytail or half-up ‘do is fine, a bun is not required.
2. Dance shoes – jazz or ballet – are appropriate.
3. No loose-fitting clothing or jeans. Attire should be semi-fitted or fitted.
4. No jewelry.
1. Students should be comfortable “dressed to move.”
2. Closed-toe shoes are required.
3. No Jewelry.
Broadway and Musical Theatre Dance Classes:
1. Students need to have form-fitting clothes that are comfortable to move in, while not prohibiting them from stretching or dancing. ABSOLUTELY NO JEANS OR SKIRTS.
2. Hair must be pulled back away from your face. No jewelry.
3. Jazz shoes are required for every class. There are no specific requirements as far as brands of Tap or Jazz shoes.