Casa Mañana Studios offers students the students the highest level of performing arts education. Our process-oriented training program is designed to foster successful young artists, actors and people.
- Acting, Dance, and Musical Theatre Classes for ages 3-18
- Musical Theatre Classes for students of all ages with special needs and abilities
- Specialized Master Classes and Workshop Series
- Apprentice Program
Broadway Studio (Pre-K)
Pre-K students will love this fun and friendly class that focuses on exploring music and with both voice and body! Kids will learn to sing along with simple Broadway tunes, play fun theatre games, develop important motor skills through dance and movement, learn stage directions and basic theater terms, and learn to express themselves creatively.
Class Days/ Times: Mondays, 3:30-4:15pm, OR Tuesdays 3:30-4:15pm, OR Wednesdays 10:00-10:45am OR 3:30-4:15pm, OR Saturdays 11:00-11:45am
Instructor: Jennie Godfrey, OR Jacque Campbell, OR Meghan Webb
Age: 3-5 (Pre-K)
Broadway Studio (Grades K-1)
A beginning musical theatre class for young performers, Broadway Studio is a great sampler of everything Casa Mañana Studios has to offer! Over the course of a semester, students will sing songs, act out scenes, and learn simple dance steps and combinations. On the last day of class, family and friends are invited to attend a final sharing of what has been learned and created.
Class Days/ Times: Tuesdays, 4:30pm-5:30pm, OR Wednesdays, 4:30pm-5:30pm, OR Saturdays, 10:00-11:00 AM
Instructor: Jacque Campbell OR Meghan Webb
Age: Grades K-1
Broadway Studio: Jungle Book (Grades 2-3)
Students will work on songs, scenes and choreography from a classic Broadway musical to improve their singing, acting and dancing abilities. At the end of the semester, parents and friends are invited to a short, in-class, performance of what has been created and learned.
Class Days/ Times: Wednesdays, 5:35-6:35pm
Instructor: Jacque Campbell
Age: Grades 2-3
Broadway Studio: Shrek (Grades 4-5)
Join us for this special musical theatre class. Students will work on songs, scenes and choreography form the hit Broadway musical Shrek! to improve their singing, dancing and acting abilities and prepare a short in-class performance for friends and family.
Class Days/ Times: Saturdays, 11:05-12:05pm
Instructor: Hannah Argüelles
Broadway Studio: Special Needs and Abilities (Grades K-6)
This class, which focuses on the “triple threat” skills of acting, singing, and dancing, is open to students with special needs who are in K-6th grade. Students who have an interest in the creative arts will have the opportunity to benefit from an environment created for them in which they can learn, grow and explore their talents.
Class Days/ Times: Mondays, 4:30-5:30pm
Instructor: Diane Powell and Jennie Godfrey
Age: Grades K-6
Broadway Studio Sr. (Grades 6-12)
Work with a musical theatre professional to strengthen your dance and vocal technique, emotional range, and character portrayal. Students will work on solo and ensemble repertoire from popular Broadway musicals.
Class Days/Times: Wednesdays, 6:00-7:15pm
Instructor: Hannah Argüelles
Live on Stage!: The Lion King KIDS (Grades 2-5)
Live On Stage! is an exciting and challenging year-long class which focuses on preparing students for a final performance at the end of the year on the Casa main stage with costumes, lights, and sound. This year we will produce Disney’s The Lion King KIDS!
Students audition for parts and rehearse the show throughout the year to be performed on TheatreFest weekend, May 17-19, 2018. Pre-requisite: Broadway Studio or Camp Casa, or similar experience.
We encourage students in this class to also enroll in Musical Theatre Dance offered Mondays OR Thursdays from 4:30-5:30pm for a discounted price. Musical Theatre Dance will continue to build and improve their dance skills and abilities and will be helpful while taking Live on Stage!
Class Days/Times: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:45pm, OR Wednesdays 4:30-5:45pm
Instructors: Kate Lovelady and Hannah Arguelles
Age: Grades 2-5
This is a yearlong, performance-based class for older students with special care needs. Students will rehearse a musical production which they will perform on the Casa stage as part of the end of year CPAC TheatreFest. Students who have an interest in the creative arts will have the opportunity to benefit from an environment created for them in which they can learn, grow and explore their talents.
Class Days/Times: Thursdays, 4:30-6:00pm
Instructor: Tina Farquhar
Grades: 13 and up
Actor Studio (Grades 2-3)
Beginning and experienced students will come together to hone the skills that make them light up the stage! Students work together to study scenes, explore improvisational acting, and prepare a short in-class performance for friends and family.
Class Days/Times: Tuesdays, 5:35-6:35
Instructor: Jacque Campbell
Age: Grades 2-3
Actor Studio (Grades 4-5)
Beginning and experienced students will come together to hone the skills that make them light up the stage! Students dig deep into creating believable characters, working as part of an ensemble, and exploring acting for the body and voice. They will put their new skills to work by rehearsing and performing a short performance for friends and family on the last day of class.
Class Days/Times: Thursdays, 4:30-5:30pm
Instructor: Staci Schuhmann
Age: Grades 4-5
Acting for the Camera (Grades 2-5)
This acting class introduces students to on-camera acting. Students will act in their own commercials and scenes from television or film scripts, which they will be able to watch and critique in class. They will also get a chance to operate professional quality camera and sound equipment.
Class Days/Times: Mondays, 5:35-6:35
Instructor: James Chandler and Chip Tompkins
Age: Grades 2-5
Actor Studio: Improv (Grades 6-12)
Using fun improvisational games and exercises, students will learn to trust their instincts, listen to others, and make bold choices on the spot without the benefit of a script. Improv is perfect for beginners and seasoned professionals alike.
Class Days/Times: Thursdays, 5:35-6:35pm
Instructor: Staci Schuhmann
Age: Grades 6th-12th
Musical Theatre Dance (Grades 2-5)
This class is perfect for elementary performers looking to build and improve their dance skills! Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary, and conditioning in this beginner musical theater/jazz style class.
Class Days/Times: Mondays, 4:30-5:30, OR Thursdays, 4:30-5:30pm
Instructor: Elise Lavallee OR Brittany Jenkins
Ages: Grades 2-5
Cost: $250 ($225 for those registered in Live On Stage)
Broadway Dance 3 (Adv)
For students with previous dance training. Students will strengthen their technique, vocabulary, and conditioning in this intermediate musical theater/jazz style class. Prerequisite: Instructor approval.
Class Days/Times: Saturdays, 10:00-11:30am
Instructor: Merrill West
Ages: Grades 7+
Advanced Actor Studio (Grades 8-12) – Audition Only
This advanced acting class will introduce students to advanced acting techniques and methods. Instructor approval is required.
Class Days/Times: Mondays, 4:30-5:30pm
Instructor: James Chandler
Age: Grades 8-12
Cost: $350 per semester ($75 for Triple Threat Extension option)
Advanced Vocal Studio (Grades 6-12) – Audition Only
For intermediate to advanced students who want to explore in-depth vocal technique, placement, and breathing. Students will receive group instruction as well as weekly one-on-one coaching. Topics will include choosing appropriate material, vocal maintenance and practice, and how to prepare a song for auditions or performance.
Class Days/Times: Mondays, 7:35-8:35
Instructor: Sarah Gay
Cost: $350 ($75 for those registered for Triple Threat or Triple Threat Jr)
Triple Threat (Grades 8-12) – Audition Only
Triple Threat is our most advanced musical theatre class for high school students dedicated to and passionate about acting, singing and dancing. Triple Threat has three distinct companies determined by age and experience levels, which work together and separately throughout the year. A final showcase of work is presented during TheatreFest weekend, May 17-19. (Triple Threat students are required to register for a Broadway Dance class, which is included in the cost of tuition.)
Class Days/Times: Mondays, 5:35-7:30pm
Instructors: Kate Lovelady. Sarah Gay, and Hannah Argüelles
Age: Grades 8-12
Triple Threat Jr. (Grades 5-9) – Audition Only
Triple Threat Jr. helps prepare younger students for more advanced musical theatre training and performance. A final showcase of work is presented during TheatreFest weekend, May 17-19. (Triple Threat Jr. students are required to register for a dance class, which is included in the cost of tuition.)
Audition info: Acceptance into Triple Threat is by AUDITION ONLY. In-person auditions are August 25th. Registration is required.
Class Days/Times: Tuesdays, 6:00-7:30pm
Age: Grades 5-9
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 | 5:30pm-7pm | Casa Rehearsal Studios.
Open house is NOT mandatory, but feel free to stop by any time between 5:30pm and 7pm to meet-&-greet teachers, tour the studio, and learn more about our classes!
Apprentice Program Training (Triple Threat/ Triple Threat Jr) and Broadway Dance Placement Audition
August 25, 2018
Dance Call: 10:00-11:00am
Vocal/ Monologue Audition: 11:00am-2:00pm
CMS Fall 2018
First Week: September 10-15, 2018 (Parent observation welcome)
September 24-29, 2018
October 22-27, 2018
November 12-24, 2018
Final Week: December 10-15, 2018
CMS Spring 2019
First Week: February 11-16, 2019
February 18-23, 2019
March 11-16, 2019 (Spring Break)
April 8-13, 2019
Final Week: May 6-11, 2019
Schedule applies to Triple Threat, Triple Threat Junior, Live On Stage!, Broadway Dance 1-3 and Musical Theatre for Special Needs.
TheatreFest Tech Rehearsals: May 17-18, 2019
TheatreFest Performance: May 19, 2019
Prices listed on the Active.com Registration Portal include a $25 registration fee ($50 for camps), in addition to the cost listed on the website, unless otherwise noted.
Families choosing to pay in full at the time of registration may have their $25.00 registration fee waived by using Coupon Code: FULL PAY (Please note that you may not receive more than one discount offer at a time, but you will not have to pay more than one registration fee per semester. FULL PAY discount is not available for camps.) Multi-person and multi-session discounts (10%) are automatically applied to your order when you check out. Multi-person and multi-session discounts cannot be applied to future registrations.
Please be sure to keep your payment information updated if anything changes, such as a new credit card or billing address, by logging into your online account or contacting the Education Office. Email reminders will be sent out prior to each payment date, but it is the family’s responsibility to keep current on their billing information.
We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, Check, or Cash. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks.
Class Payment Options
• Pay in full at the time of registration.
• Pay a 15% deposit on the total order and enroll in automatic billing. The balance will be debited in one lump sum, automatically, on the 15th of the first month of class.
• Pay a 15% deposit on the course and enroll in automatic billing payment plan. If you select the payment plan, you will pay your remaining balance in 3 equal payments over 3 months (semester classes) or 7 equal payments over the next 7 months (yearlong classes). Fall semester payments should be made on the day of registration and again on September 15, October 15, and November 15.
• Spring Semester payments should be made on the day of registration and again on February 15, March 15, and April 15. Yearlong payments should be made on the day of registration and again September 15, October 15, November 15, December 15, February 15, March 15, and April 15. Please note that if you register in the same month in which a class begins, you will then be making two payments for the first month. (For example, if you register on September 1st, your next payment will be due on September 15.)
Class Cancellation and Refund Policy
• Class registrations cancelled two weeks or more before the start date will be issued a full refund, less a $25 administrative fee.
• Class registrations cancelled less than two weeks from the start date and before the second day of class will only receive a refund (minus a $25 administrative fee) if the spot can be filled by a student on the wait list.
• Absolutely no refunds after the second day of class. First-time families (families who have never before registered for CPAC classes or camps) are eligible to receive a refund, minus the cancellation fee, up until the second week of classes.
• If you enroll in a payment plan and choose to cancel, your remaining balance is still due according to your payment plan and the refund policy.
• A full refund will be issued for classes cancelled due to low enrollment.
By registering for a class, you agree to all of the above policies and procedures.
Summer Camp Cancellation and Refund Policy
$50 registration fee is non-refundable. You may cancel your registration up until 5PM on Monday, June 4th 2018. You will receive a refund of monies paid, less the $50 registration fee. If you cancel your registration AFTER June 4th, 2018, no refunds will be offered unless we are able to register someone from the wait-list to fill your spot. If you choose the deposit option and cancel after June 4th, 2018, the remaining balance will still be due unless we are able to register someone from the wait-list to fill your spot.
By registering for a summer camp, you agree to all of the above policies and procedures.
1. Student will treat the instructors and other students with respect at all times.
2. Student will not use any cell phones, iPods, CD players, electronic games, or any other electronic distractions during class. Students will have access to a phone in special circumstances and emergencies.
3. Student will participate in a positive manner during class.
4. Student will refrain from using inappropriate language and gestures during class.
5. Student will not eat or chew gum during class.
6. Student will be responsible for any and all personal items that they bring with them to class. Items must be stowed in a book bag or purse.
7. The only drink that you may carry with you to class is water. It must be in a bottle or a cup with a lid. No open containers are allowed in the classrooms.
Class Dress Policies:
1. Hair must be pulled back and off of the student’s face; a ponytail or half-up ‘do is fine, a bun is not required.
2. Dance shoes – jazz or ballet – are appropriate.
3. No loose-fitting clothing or jeans. Attire should be semi-fitted or fitted.
4. No jewelry.
1. Students should be comfortable “dressed to move.”
2. Closed-toe shoes are required.
3. No Jewelry.
Broadway and Musical Theatre Dance Classes:
1. Students need to have form fitting clothes that are comfortable to move in, while not prohibiting them from stretching or dancing. ABSOLUTELY NO JEANS OR SKIRTS.
2. Hair must be pulled back away from your face. No jewelry.
3. Jazz shoes are required at every class. There are no specific requirements as far as brands of Tap or Jazz shoes.