Teaching Artist Internship
We are seeking applicants for interns in our Education department for the 2021-22 school year!
Information & Requirements:
- Act as teaching artists in local elementary schools and lead regular dance, singing and acting workshops.
- Receive a $20 stipend per workshop.
- Must be a recent high school graduate (within the past 2 years) or be enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Must have local housing and transportation.
- Must have experience teaching elementary/middle school students.
- A theatrical background/theatre education is preferred.
- Must be proficient in acting, singing, dance and instruction.
- Must be available Fridays between 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. No exceptions.
Workshop training will be held at the end of August. The deadline to apply is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3.
Workshop Descriptions and Dates
Casa Mañana has partnered with Academy 4 to lead monthly theatre “Spark Clubs” at a local elementary school. Each month, interns will visit the campus and lead fourth-grade students in acting, voice and dance lessons – all of which tie into Academy 4 leadership qualities.
- One Friday each month
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Casa Mañana will connect with various schools and activity centers to engage our community in theatrical workshops and experiences. Interns will lead workshops that are scheduled throughout the year to foster consistent, meaningful relationships.
Casa Mañana is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse arts community in Fort Worth. We welcome applicants of all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and ages to apply for positions. Casa Mañana is an equal opportunity employer.